Fully understand how to be powerful with your camera.
My camera fundamentals course is designed to help you know exactly how to use your camera to create beautiful pictures. Topics include:
- Control exposure and motion blur with SHUTTER SPEED.
- Control exposure and depth of field with F-STOP.
- Adjust ISO to perfect exposure without pixelation.
- Distance affects depth of field.
- Choose a beautifying camera height.
- Avoid distortion.
- Shutter speed and f-stop compensate for each other and control artistic factors.
- Use aperture and shutter priority.
- Understand significant camera settings.
- Use RAW to maximize quality.
- White balance and metering modes.
- Drive settings.
- Focus correctly.
- Use a speedlight to make you more versatile.
- Which lenses are best for portraits?
Understanding how to use your camera to beautify your subject is essential to being a good portrait photographer. After this course, you should feel comfortable using all aspects of your camera to create beautiful portraits.
Each lesson includes video, written illustrations and quizzes to ensure that you're learning effectively!
I'm Eric Adams and I want to help you be a better photographer. Over the past 26 years, I've trained over 1,000 photographers. They had no experience and, when we finished, they were professionals. No one in the world has trained this many photographers! Developing beginners into pros has made me uniquely qualified to create an online training program that will make you a professional photographer. If you join our group, I'll give you my personal email to help you along the path to becoming a pro. We haven't met yet but I hope to someday and listen to your own success story.
StartSmall Light Sources Create Harsh Shadows
StartWhite Plastic Pieces Don't Really Change That Much
StartThe Problem with Popup Flashes is the Proximity
StartEnlarge Your Light and Get It Away from Your Lens
StartThree Steps to Making a Speedlight Look Natural
StartVIDEO: Speedlights Make You More Versatile (30:32)